Re: Considering Guile as part of a Master's Thesis

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@nada.kth.se> writes:

> Yeah, it would be very valuable to have a generational GC in Guile.
> That way, Guile will scale well to huge systems like Emacs.  At the
> same time, one could make the GC POSIX thread safe.

This reminds me - I /think/ I read somewhere about pretty good gengc
that was also conservative. I'm not sure how it was accomplished,
though. One thing with Guile is that we can't do copying GC, but
experience with RScheme shows that it wasn't too much of a problem.

Does anyone have any references on this? If we don't see gengc done
for masters thesis, it'd still be sufficiently interesting idea that
somebody will want to tackle it. I do remember that Paul Wilson's
article on various GC methods didn't have more than a passing mention
of generational + conservative GC techniques.

--
I refuse to use .sig