dynamic language

Hi,

some time ago there was a discussion about a dynamic language feature,
by which it is possible to split Scheme itself into different parts and
allow only a subset of the full language for a special purpose. This is
necessary for Guile based server applications that allow the user
sending functions to the server to evaluate them (for example range
check functions). Such a server is not able to check wheater the
function really performs a range check or perphaps a system("rm -rf /").
So it is necessary to be able to allow some things and disallow other. A
simple approche could work on module level, but I think it would be also
usefull to be able to disallow even parts of the language (defines for
example). Is it still intended to implement such a dynamic language
feature? And if so, is someone working on this? I think this is quite
difficult to implement. Perhaps it is nice topic for some research in a
master's thesis.

A Java like applets in Guile would require such a feature too.

-- http://www.ping.de/sites/aibon/