external procedures, g-wrap, errors and debugging.

I have some largish libraries I've imported into guile with g-wrap,
and I'm getting a strange error.  I have a procedure in C that is
essentially a thunk (void (*)(void)) which seems to be defined
correctly initially, but, after I call other functions for a while, I
get the error message:

    testme.scm:132:0: In procedure foobar in expression (foobar):
    testme.scm:132:0: Wrong type argument: 1
    ABORT: (wrong-type-arg)

So, suddenly this procedure expects an argument, when it didn't
before?

Can someone suggest some debugging tips?  In particular, are there any
functions to peek at the contents of the structure representing the
external function?

Cliff

--
Clifford Beshers                     Computer Graphics and User Interfaces Lab
beshers@cs.columbia.edu                         Department of Computer Science