Re: Transition from guile-ii to 1.2

I wrote:

> 3) I am using guile as an embedded language for a C++ program that has
> its own notion of "commands".  I have a central dispatch routine for all
> entry from scheme into my commands.  The previous engineer had done a
> *lot* of tweaking of guile-ii to make this work.
>
> My take on this, for each internal command, create a closure in which I
> reference the one dispatch routine and pass as data the pointer to the
> C++ command object.  Here's my code:

One other question...

It would be nice if my solution to this problem allowed for the user
procedure name to appear in error messages and backtraces that result
from errors while executing the
C++ code.  Currently I see "$my-dispatch" in all the messages.

Oh, I also found the "procedure-source" routine which appears to give me
a human readable form for procedures. (one of my other questions).  Now,
is there a "pretty-print" to better format the output? :-)

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Engle                                      grenoble@spimageworks.com
Sony Pictures Imageworks                             voice: 310-840-8203
9050 West Washington Boulevard                         fax: 310-840-8567
Culver City, CA  90232