garbage collectors

[Sorry, if this is an old thread.]

There has been another small discussion on the xemacs-beta list about
Garbage Collection in a future Scheme-based (X)Emacs....

A worrying critism, I have heard against Guile, is that it's
Conservative Garbage Collector is not suitable for "big applications"
like (X)Emacs, since it is thought that Conservative GC is not "safe"
under C.  It was rumoured that after some hours of intensive usage of
emacs, memory usage would start to bloat considerably, making it hard
to keep an (X)Emacs running for long periods.

I would very much like to hear the Guile Developers' responses to this
critism.

--
Jens	<http://www.kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~petersen>
---