Re: tselect

[I'm sorry that I'm snipping so much of Mikaels messages.  I have only
 few brain cycles available for this stuff, unfortunately.]

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@nada.kth.se> writes:

> How should the call-back interface look like?

I think we defer the callback interface.  If someone wants an event
loop (like the typical toolkit), it can be easily implemented on top
of scm_internal_select.  There is no need for one single central event
loop.  Each thread can have its own when it wants to.

When threading is not available, their can only be one thread, and one
event loop, but you really can't expect more.

Without threading: Integrating libraries that each want to have their
own event loop should probably be done on a case-per-case basis.
Every self-respecting event-driven library should have a way install a
custom event-loop, I think.