readline support

Getting a prompt for each line of a multi-line expression is somewhat
disconcerting:

guile> (lambda ()
guile> (+ 2 3)
guile> )
#<procedure ()>
guile>

Is there a way to avoid this behavior, or at least have a different
prompt for the continuation of an expression? Also it seems to me that
it might make more sense to save entire multi-line expressions in the
history rather than sinle lines thereof (up arrow, enter should
re-evaluate the whole previous expression, not just its last line, I
think).

 - Maciej Stachowiak