Re: usleep

   From: Aleksandar Bakic <bakicale@cps.msu.edu>
   Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 18:33:56 -0400 (EDT)
   Cc: bakicale@cps.msu.edu, guile@cygnus.com
   Sender: owner-guile@cygnus.com

   I am not sure I can help. Do you mean using the curses library? I
   haven't seen any mention of it in GUILE docs.

   > i couldn't find any screen functions (i'm trying to clear the screen)
   > (i already tried turning a integer 12 into a charactor, and writing it to
   > the screen, but it looks like someone stopped me from that little trick :)
   >
   > could you point me to the area of documentation i should look at for
   > screen functions?  (charactor mode)
   >
   > thanks

J.Leveling wrote ncrs , an ncurses-access for the guile-precedessor SCM, a few
years ago, which might be rewritten for guile. Try to follow the hints to
scheme on the gnu-ftpsites for locating it, if you want to try on your own.

You can also try to use M.Vollmer's guile-ffi with curses or termcap.

Independently of that I'm now trying to write a wrapper for libncurses to guile
, using Chris Lee's g-wrap tool or Dav Beazley's swig to save most of
 the boring dirtwork.

Other libraries that could be wrapped for this purpose are slang, termcap/-ios
or conio.

Klaus Schilling