Re: Guile development mirror sites

    From: Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com>
    To: Guile Discussion <guile@cygnus.com>
    Subject: Guile development mirror sites

    Oliver Frommel has kindly set up a mirror of the snapshot and contrib
    FTP site (ftp://ftp.red-bean.com/pub/guile) in Austria; would anyone
    volunteer to set one up in Australia or Japan?  (I assume the two are
    closer to each other than either is to Boston or Austria.)

Would it be possible to have patches generated on a daily basis if anything
has changed? After 14 days or so, or perhaps once they become large, you
could nuke these I would think.

This would also reduce the mirroring bandwidth. I assume at the moment
everything is mirrored at least twice a day (more than one mirror), even
though nothing really changes except the filename.

The reason I say this is because there were some bugs in 970922 - so I went
and snarfed ..23 - which is identical (as is 24 presumably).

At the moment it doesn't really bother me much, but I at home I don't have a
T3, only a 33k6 modem :(

Hmm... a (slightly clearer) thought. Perhaps only complete cvs dumps twice a
month, and for the other days patches. Something like:

   guile-core-971001.tar.gz
   guile-core-971002.diff.gz
   guile-core-971013.diff.gz

   guile-core-971014.tar.gz	(at which point nuke 01-13)
   guile-core-971015.diff.gz

Hmm... failing that, perhaps RO access to the cvs tree?

-Chris