Re: [?] next release; and emacs

Jens-Ulrik Holger Petersen <petersen@kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp> writes:

> What happens if one naively tries to build emacs with guile in it now?
> Does it do anything?  Would it break emacs?  Just curious.

Nobody has probably tried this yet, but I would suppose that it would
work nicely.

Furthermore, is you would modify Emacs' function definition macros to
run a function installing an Emacs function wrapper at the Scheme
level in Guile...  8-)

The wrapper would wrap Elisp data in Guile smobs and put the Elisp
objects on an Elisp list which the Elisp GC sees.  The Guile wrapper
smob free function would remove the Elisp object from the Elisp GC
list.

/mdj