An optional arguments interface

This is cool, but I have a comment.

DSSSL provides optional arguments as well, I believe with a syntax
something like:

(lambda (a b #!optional c d . e) ...)

Given that someone has already invented a syntax for optional
arguments in Scheme variants, which isn't substantially different in
functionality from yours, I'd rather be conservative than promote yet
another syntax.

Unfortunately, #! is the SCSH block comment start token.  Which I'd
really like to support.  Argh.  I'll go bug Olin about this.