Re: docstrings?

Jens-Ulrik Holger Petersen <petersen@kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp> writes:

> Have people on the list here given thought to how guile should be
> self-documenting (if at all)?

Well, not much thought has been given too it.

Currently, it is possible to put documentation into closures:

(define (nisse x)
  "Nissefiera x."
  (hurkel x 3))

(procedure-documentation nisse) --> "Nissefiera x."

but this is about it.

> I suppose if a help system was included into guile that would be a
> big win: specially if it improved on Emacs' system.

Agreed.

> In particular I would like to suggest that the location of every
> definition from library files be stored: to make it easy to find the
> source of definitions and modules.

Yes.  This feature will definitely exist in the Guile
self-documentation, and how about names and acceptable types of
arguments?

/mdj