Re: GError

Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> writes:

> With regards to GError, I think the solution you propose is too much
> like C programming.

Oh, well, if it's nice and close then at least people familiar with
the C style will find the guile interface comfortingly similar.  Or
vice versa even.

> Wouldn't it be nicer if, instead of forcing the
> programmer to know about GErrors, if we simply threw an exception if the
> GError is set?

Perhaps make the gerror parameter optional, if omitted an error is
thrown.  Or a special value 'error or something to mean that.

That could allow a choice between programming in typical glib style
(check return values) or more typical guile style (file i/o throws
exceptions).