Re: Fixed memory leaks in gdk-1.2.defs

Marko Rauhamaa <marko@pacujo.net> writes:

>  - build-guile-gtk-1.2, guile-gtk.c: GDK and GTK differ in the reference
>    count policy. While GTK returns the widgets with a reference count 0,
>    GDK returns them with a reference count 1. That means that
>    gdk-1.2.defs should not increment the reference count -- but it was
>    doing that.

I don't know if it's this change or something else, but I seem to now
be losing references to GdkFont.  The program below prints something
like for me (i386 debian with current cvs guile),

    #<GdkFont 8058b28>
    id 2400002
    id 2400002
    id 2400002
    id 0
    id 0
    id 0

It seems the font is freed, despite having an "f" variable referring
to it.  I put a printf in boxed_free and saw it getting released at
the point "id" changes.  Dunno where the fault lies though.

The symptom in my program was a gdk-draw-string failing on account of
a bad font type (it was looking at freed memory I think).