Re: (gnome gtk) et al

Ariel Rios <ariel at gnu dot org> writes:

> On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 09:45, Andy Wingo wrote:
> > Hi Ariel,
> >
> > I'm real interested in getting the guile-gtk bindings in a proper
> > working order. I'm interested on a number of levels, but mainly because
> > I'd like to make some nice GStreamer scheme bindings. I've been hacking
> > on the cvs guile-gobject, fixed a bug in guile 1.6.3 along the way, and
> > have generally been having a good time. I wanted to give you a heads-up
> > on this; when I get my defs->gwrap code working properly I'll send you a
> > large patch.
> >
> Ok. I'd been receiving some comments and want to put things back in
> order. I am very happy that interest in guile-gobject has aroused so if
> we work together  we can have the bindigs working correctly very soon.
>
> We have several code base. We have several modules:
>
> guile-gtk: Currently on savanah forGtk1.4
> gnome-guile: Also on savanah for Gnome 1.4 (??)
> guile-gobect: Still under gnome CVS and ioncludes the work for GTk 1.4
>
> The first branch is being worked by Marius. I think no one is working
> ong the gnome-guile.
>
> All the interesing work is donde under guile-gobect

AFAIK, there is no GTK+ 1.4 (only GTK+ 1.2 and 2.{0,2} as of
yet). GTK+ 2.4 will follow and will break API again, but not as hard
as 1.2-2.0.

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty at ICQ      | 118634484 at ICQ | a dot rottmann at gmx dot at
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc

Packages should build-depend on what they should build-depend.