Newbie pleading for help...

Dear guile (and guile-gtk) experts,

I understand that my question may irritate some of you
since it has been discussed here before. Nevertheless,
I am asking the question with desperation and as a
last resort.  Many apologies.

I was given a task a couple of months ago.  After a
long serious thinking, I came up with an idea which
made use of a lot of stack and list operations (which
scheme is good at) and wanted to verify my idea as
quickly as possible.  Fortunately (or unfortunately, I
can't say for sure yet), I know just enough scheme to
write moderate size programs. So, I started coding in
scheme.

My intension was to implement the idea in guile scheme
and the GUI in c with X or gtk providing one simple
line drawing function for guile to call so that I can
draw lines as they are computed from scheme code
(similar to tortoise example). And it worked great.

Then, I wanted to add event processing to the GUI and
this is where I got stuck---it also required its own
event loop in addition to gh_repl.  At first, I
naively thought I could resolve the problem using
pthread, which didn't work.  With pitiful and (of
course) unsuccessful debugging of many days, I looked
up the list's archive and found out that the question
has been discussed previously and someone successfully
solved the problem using event-repl stuff coming with
guile-gtk.  Nevertheless, with my short knowledge of
guile, the discussions were hard to follow and I ended
up with a conclusion of rewriting the whole thing in
c.

However, I still desperately want to stay with scheme
since it will make further improvement of my idea
extremely easier.  So, before I begin to rewriting, I
thought I might ask you, the guile experts, for help
as a last resort.  Would anyone out there generously
provide me some pointers or simple example codes that
work just like tortoise example, but with added event
handling ability (either X or gtk)?  I would be very
grateful to you.

Please accept my sincere apology if you got upset by
my posting of what has been discussed before.
Thank you very much.

Sincerely,