Re: adding "dump" opsym to build-guile-gtk

thi <ttn@revel.glug.org> writes:

> i would like to translate glade xml files to guile-gtk code using
> the defs files and build-guile-gtk.  could you suggest a good
> approach (or perhaps a pre-made solution) to this

I don't know about Glade or XML but isn't there glade support in
gnome-guile already?  Ariel?  But maybe that is not what you want.

Do you want to compile a XML file into Scheme ahead of time, or do you
want to to interpet the contents of the XML file at run-time?

> my current thinking is to build widgets by taking a constructor
> function def and filling in its args using properties mapped over
> from the xml file.

Aha, hmm, so you need the information in the defs files to generate
valid Scheme code, right?  Can you give an example?

Maybe it is easiest to just slurp in the defs file without support
from build-guile-gtk.  Or maybe you don't need the defs files after
all.

> what is the difference between "imported" types and non-imported
> types?

Imported types can be used in definitions, but there will be no code
generated for them.  For non-imported types, there will be some tables
generated that contain useful information about the type.