Re: embedding guile-gnome

Jon Trowbridge <trow@emccta.com> writes:

> I've run into a bit of a problem with adding gnome bindings, though.
> Poking through the source code for gnomeg in the gnome-guile CVS
> module, it isn't immediately obvious to me how to add those bindings
> to my program.  Rather than being in a libguilegnome, it looks like
> some of the important code is in places like, say, gnomeg.c.
>
> Am I missing something here?  Is there a nice way for me to embed
> "guile-gnome" in my app?

Hmm, there is a libguilegnome and you can bring it into action with

   (use-modules (gnome gnome))

from a plain guile executable.  For example

    ;; simple.scm
    (use-modules (gnome gnome)
                 (gtk gtk))

    (gnome-init-hack "uiinfo" #f '())

    (let ((app (gnome-app-new "simple" "Simple")))
      (gtk-widget-show-all app)
      (gtk-standalone-main app))

   % guile -s simple.scm

works for me just fine.  The gnomeg executable should only be
necessary on platforms on which guile-gtk does not support dynamic
linking.

There might be some bugs in gnome-guile, tho, and I just discovered a
serious one in the UIInfo code, but basically it should be the way you
want it.

Can you be more specific as to what doesn't work for you?