Re: problem with (gtk-version-alias gtk) on Alpha (from a newbie)

Julien Rousseau <le_douanier@yahoo.com> writes:

> On monday I installed Guile-gtk and it was working fine, until I did
> something (I don't know what) that must have break things because it
> isn't working any more (I did a clean reinstall of guile-gtk
> afterwards but that didn't work either).

I suspect that something Guile-unrelated is broken on your system.
Maybe NFS is acting up, or something.  Wouldn't be the first time.

> Now guile-gtk dumps core and when I call (use-modules (gtk gtk))
> from Guile it stalls without doing anything.

The `(gtk gtk)' module is implemented in Scheme (as you know), and so
there shouldn't be any bad interactions with dynamic linking, I think.
Your trace below actually supports this.

Ultimately, the module `(gtk-1.2 gtk)' should be loaded, but something
seems to be wrong with that file.  Can you read the file
"~/project/share/guile/gtk-1.2/gtk.scm"?

- Marius