Re: emacs-guile

At Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:06:02 -0500 (EST),
Chris Beggy wrote:

> Do we have any capability to do something like C-h f <scheme
> function> to learn about the scheme functions in the imported
> library?  Do we have to worry about collision with elisp symbols?

If you are only interested in docstrings of Scheme procedures,
try guile-scheme-mode and type `C-c C-d' (guile-scheme-describe).

Or if you want to import Scheme procedures with their docstrings,
call `guile-import' with option `:with-docs'.  You can specify
the imported symbol by the second argument of `guile-import':

  (guile-import assq guile-assq :with-docs)

  (documentation 'guile-assq)  =>

" - Scheme Procedure: assq key alist
 - Scheme Procedure: assv key alist
 - Scheme Procedure: assoc key alist
     Fetch the entry in ALIST that is associated with KEY.  To decide
     whether the argument KEY matches a particular entry in ALIST,
     `assq' compares keys with `eq?', `assv' uses `eqv?' and `assoc'
     uses `equal?'.  If KEY cannot be found in ALIST (according to
     whichever equality predicate is in use), then return `#f'.  These
     functions return the entire alist entry found (i.e. both the key
     and the value)."

See the README file for (a little bit) more information.

Keisuke