interrupting the Scheme process

Satoru Takabayashi <satoru-t@is.aist-nara.ac.jp> writes:

> I hope interrupting the Scheme process with C-g will be possible.

I have no idea of how this can be done right now.  Emacs checks for
quit in some loops such as eval.  When the process is in the Scheme
interpreter, we can't use the same way; instead, we have to generate
a user interrupt.  I guess it is possible for Guile Emacs to bind C-g
to generate an interrupt before calling the Scheme evaluator, but I'm
not sure about this part.  Ken, do you have any idea?

Also, once we come to support multi-thread programming with Emacs,
things become more complicated.  Probably we have to maintain threads
in the same way as shells; that is, Emacs will have a "current thread"
and "background threads", and the user may quit only the current thread
by typing C-g, whereas background threads must be killed by a special
command like M-x kill-thread.

-- Kei