Re: automating %load-path

Kalle Olavi Niemitalo <tosi@ees2.oulu.fi> writes:

> I would like to make Guile Emacs automatically insert its Scheme
> directories in the %load-path of Guile, so that users don't have
> to do that in ~/.emacs.scm.  My plan:

I think it is more convenient to set the path explicitly in the init file
than to specify it with the configure program, unless we automatically
install all scheme programs in that directory and most users are just to
use them.  Should we really do this right now?

(I personally add the local cvs directory to %load-path, so I don't need
to install scheme files.)

> 5. Create a new module (emacs init) and place all Scheme
>    initialization code there.  This could load (emacs io).

This is a good idea.  But ~/.emacs.scm is still beneficial as an example
of how to use/setup Guile Emacs.

I haven't have time to work on Guile Emacs these days and will not for
more one month...  Since you Kalle have added some useful features,
including complete-symbol and import-macro, I would like to release
Guile Emacs 0.3.  Could you write some documentation, especially NEWS
file as a function introduction for that?

-- Kei