Re: guile-emacs GC (was special forms)

Kalle Olavi Niemitalo <tosi@ees2.oulu.fi> writes:

> If something causes a cycle of references between Lisp and
> Scheme, neither garbage collector can free the data.  It's all
> locked down by the protect lists.  To detect the situation, the
> garbage collectors would have to cooperate.  I'm sure that would
> be a pain to code.

Oh, we need a meta-GC now :)

Seriously, I think we have to make some restrictions on Lisp
programs so they don't keep Scheme values.  I think people of
Guile Emacs do not want to write new programs in Lisp, so it's
not a problem.  If people of Lisp want to use Guile's features,
it is the time to move to the Guile-based Emacs.