Re: some ideas (mostly about names)

Kalle Olavi Niemitalo <tosi@ees2.oulu.fi> writes:

> Please add guile or guile-emacs in `features' and make M-x
> emacs-version show that.

That's right.  I'll do so in the next version.

> In the README, you suggest copying the Scheme files to
> /usr/local/share/emacs/site-scheme/emacs.  You have made them a
> standard part of guile-emacs, so wouldn't it make sense to omit
> the "site-"?  You could even place them in the Emacs source tree,
> so that the new Emacs can use them before it is installed.  The
> makefiles should then be amended to install the scheme/ tree
> just like lisp/, and the startup code should add it in Guile's
> %load-path.

That's what I originally thought and did in the first patch.
But I changed my mind so that I can keep the patch to Emacs
as small as possible.  Your suggestion will be included when
Guile Emacs becomes more popular.

> Are you going to append exclamation points to names of Emacs
> builtins which alter things, like "define-key"?

That's a good idea.  I think we have to talk about these kinds
of issues like how to organize new functions more once internal
design has done.

Thank you for trying my Guile Emacs!