Re: Next Version?

On 06/19/2014 07:58 PM, Jean-François Caron wrote:
> Hello, I am wondering if anyone has an update on when we might see the next version of GSL?  Is it something like “in the next month”, “by the end of summer”, or “next year”?
>
> I don’t need any details, I’m just being impatient because my contribution is supposed to appear in the next version, and I wish to make a patch for CERN’s ROOT that will use the new feature.  So just a short answer will be enough to satisfy me.  = )
>
> Jean-François

I've been completely swamped lately. The lapack/flame issue is still
unresolved - I don't mind pushing this off to 3.0 in order to get 2.0
out more quickly. Gerard is working on a new memory management scheme
which may take a while to complete - perhaps he would agree to wait
until 3.0 to include that?

I think those are the two main issues to resolve. If we can agree to
postpone these features until 3.0, then 2.0 could be released fairly
quickly...maybe within a month or two, though Rhys may have some other
things in mind to work on.

Patrick