Contributing to GSL

Hi,
I am Varad Deshmukh, a Master's student at UCSB majoring in Computer Science. My research interests are in Scientific Computing and HPC, and I am interested in contributing to GSL. I recently took up a course in numerical simulation and I figured a good way to start would be looking into ODE solvers.

The TODO list mentions work to be done for adding other stepper
methods - especially the BDF methods for DAE's implemented in DASSL and DASPK. Could you please elaborate more on which new methods you want to focus on? I have been reading the code for the Runge-Kutta methods - the driver, evolve and control formats - and have a rough idea about the design.

It would be great if I could get some help regarding GSL development in general and ode-initval2 in particular. If you feel that I should work with smaller bugs and fix them before going into a new implementation, I would like to hear suggestions.

Thank you,
Varad.