This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GSL project.
Re: obtaining residual for gsl_root_test_residual
- From: Brian Gough <bjg at gnu dot org>
- To: Rhys Ulerich <rhys dot ulerich at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gsl-discuss at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:53:23 +0000
- Subject: Re: obtaining residual for gsl_root_test_residual
- References: <AANLkTinj3acKTAu6ZoJKrzYgUEpjz2f8nOTtOpbvSvNE@mail.gmail.com>
At Thu, 17 Feb 2011 17:01:41 -0600,
Rhys Ulerich wrote:
> Dumb question:
> Is there a way to query a gsl_root_fsolver for the current residual?
> I'd like to use it within gsl_root_test_residual but would like to
> avoid re-computing the residual.
Unfortunately not, that part of the library is one of the earliest
ones so the api didn't take account of it.