Re: gsl container designs

Hello,

On 11/25/2009 02:54 AM, Gerard Jungman wrote:

Here are header files for a couple different approaches to containers.
I didn't bother with any implementations; it seems obvious how to
implement most of these functions.

The designs are not complete, but they express most of
the important stuff.

Your design 1 looks very interesting. I don't think your designs would support banded and packed matrices, or would it? (see the last pages of "Legacy BLAS: C Interface to the Legacy BLAS" at http://www.netlib.org/blas/blast-forum/)

I could not think of anything why your design 1 would not work for me. The index mapping is particularly elegant!

--
Tuomo.Keskitalo@iki.fi
http://iki.fi/tuomo.keskitalo