Re: containers tentative design summary

At Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:41:46 -0600,
Gerard Jungman wrote:
> You will never succeed in making an interface "safe" in
> this sense. However, you _can_ make an interface intuitive
> and safe to use in a normal manner. I don't think you
> can ask any more of C.

I don't think this interface is safe to use in a normal manner it it
requires an explicit cast to pass a non-const object to a function
accepting the const version.  Any error in the argument of an explicit
cast is undetectable.  We should not require the use of explicit casts
for common operations, it would endorse a bad practice.

--
Brian Gough