Re: ode-initval implicit solvers and development

Hello,

On 03/01/2009 04:37 PM, Tuomo Keskitalo wrote:

I think that if I later on have time to implement Radau II A, it will not introduce any further changes to the framework. Stability detection should still be added to msbdf, otherwise it is feature-complete. Thereby, I hope to hear your opinion about this development branch. Can it be incorporated into GSL, or should it be e.g. an extension library?

Now a work version of a heuristic stability enhancement has been added to msbdf, among other finetuning and corrections.

I've now also added function benchmark_precision to test.c for benchmarking. Apparently msbdf works badly for rhs_func_exp, but currently I think that it is a feature and not a bug. More info at ChangeLog-Keskitalo.

Git source at http://iki.fi/tuomo.keskitalo/gsl/ode-initval-additions/.git

--
Tuomo.Keskitalo@iki.fi
http://iki.fi/tuomo.keskitalo