Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 02:51:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jean Hu <jhu_80@yahoo.com>
To: jt@lanl.gov
Subject: Library for FT alpha-Stable ch.f.

Dear JT:

I reading thru the source code for the Levy library written for GNU.  The statistical model that we are studying is like alpha-stable as only the ch.f. is in closed form.  It will be presented this autumn in Melbourne, AU.

Have you already considered using Fast Fourier transform for the Fourier transform integral?
p(x) dx = (1/(2 pi)) \int dt exp(- it x - |c t|^alpha)
If so, was the Frequency Sampling Technique applied in FFT/IFFT adaptive to the alpha parameter for faster computation?  Or was there a bound placed on alpha to imply out Nyquist frequency for your IFFT/FFT?  I look forward to your input.  Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,
J.Hu