Re: Optimizing calls to GSL functions

On 9 jun 2007, at 10.19, Brian Gough wrote:

At Sat, 9 Jun 2007 04:25:55 +0200,
Tommy Nordgren wrote:
Are there any way, when using the GNU Compiler Collection, to make
the compiler optimize expressions where the same function call
occurs more than once.  (Same function, same parameters) GCC does
this for standard C functions such as cos and sin, when passed -O3
or -Os -fgcse I'm interested in this, because most special functions
computed by GSL are probably more expensive to compute than the
basic transcendental functions, and in general you can get many
common subexpressions when generating C code from symbol math
programs.

__attribute__ ((pure), see "Function attributes" in the GCC manual for details.

--
Brian Gough
	Thanks, Brian. I got another suggestion too, : __attribute__((const)) .