Re: [row/column majority] gslclapack

James Bergstra writes:
 > > On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 05:24:25PM -0500, James Bergstra wrote:
 > > >
 > > > Can someone explain why we have CblasRowMajor and CblasColMajor?

The cblas routines have internal branches which optimise for locality
in the rows or columns as appropriate.  These are equivalent to calls
to the Fortran blas using transposes.  This is the 'cblas trick' which
allows cblas to be written in terms of an underlying fortran
blas. There is a paper about it, I don't have the reference to hand.