Re: LAPACK vs. GSL matrix algebra

you can easily access the fortran routines from C.
i always write C routines that access the fortran
functions from LAPACK that i need.  as long as you
keep in mind that fortran stores matrices column-wise
and C does it row-wise.  but most fortran routines
allow you to set the 'transpose' option so you can
easily pass in your C matrix.
that way you don't have to write your own matrix
routines.  the fortran lapack is pretty good and it
has been extensively tested over the years.
if you need example files, let me know.