GCC - Compiler Question

I am using mingw/GCC 3.2.3.

I was wondering if anyone running Intel architecture
had run into problems with -fcaller-saves and double
precision numerical code.  I discovered the bug in a
friend's simulation, with the -O2 the flag, the flag
-fno-caller-saves  is needed to prevent
corruption of variables.  I suspect this is being caused
by stack overhead or perhaps use of unions.

Aaron Schweiger