Building GSL under Windows

Guys
?
How do I build GSL for Windows?
I looked at the HACKING file but it does not tell me how to generate the
.dsw make files for Visual studio 6.
I tried to run the perl scripts under msvc, after getting out all the files
from cvs. This did not create a project with all the source files included
in the project.
I was also missing the libgsl.nm.dat and libgslcblas.nm.dat files referred
to in the makefile.
?
My environment:
I am using Visual Studio .NET 2003, have perl and cygwin (just in case)
installed. I am running under Windows 2003 server.
?
In the end I want to use the Intel 8 compiler and optimize fro SSE2 to get
some better performance on Intel processors.
I need to build it myself so I can make sure it is possible to link with the
same compiler.
?
I have been searching through the mailing lists and it look like a common
problem for a lot of people.
Brian can you help me make the documentation better? I can update it if you
can tell me how.
I am a professional C++ programmer since 9 years and have been programming
under Windows and UNIX (Solaris, HPUX and Linux).
?
I am already using the precompiled version under Visual Studio 6 and .Net
2003. debug and release versions.
When I tried under the Intel compile 8 in release optimized version it
crashed!
?
In the meanwhile while waiting for answers I will setup Linux in a virtual
machine and see how GSL has to be compiled there.
?
Regards
Lars Schouw
Tokyo