Re: Monte Carlo in GSL

Przemyslaw Sliwa wrote:
Dear All,
> [...]

My problem is: I want that the random numbers I generate are purelly random and not that the series of the numbers repeats.

Hi.

Do you have any theoretical reason to ask for "real" random numbers?

I'm not an expert in this field, but all I've read about simulation make me feel that there is no reason to use true random numbers. In some situations, it is important to have a very long period, to avoid correlation between successive values, etc. All of this can be done is pseudo-random numbers, at a price of course (generating good random numbers cost much more than using basic generators) and very high quality algorithms are included in GSL.

Fabrice