forwarded message from Donald Tournier

------- start of forwarded message -------
From: "Donald Tournier" <d.tournier@ich.ucl.ac.uk>
To: help-gsl@gnu.org
Subject: [Help-gsl] MxN complex SVD
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:08:59 -0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I need to find the inverse of a general MxN complex matrix. I was thinking
of doing this using SVD, but I can only find SVD functions for real
matrices. Are there any (or are there any plans to add) equivalent SVD
functions for general complex matrices in the GSL? If not, could anyone
help me to write such a function (given that I have no experience of the
workings of SVD)?

Alternatively, maybe someone could suggest a (potentially better) way of
inverting a general MxN complex matrix?

Thanks for any help,

Donald Tournier

Jacques-Donald Tournier