Re: multivariate gaussian distribution (Code)

Hi Brian,

I remember reading that the matrix decomposition through
eigensystems was more 'stable', while Cholesky was
probably faster. See the implementation in R:
http://rweb.stat.umn.edu/R/library/MASS/html/mvrnorm.html

I used the LU for determinant and matrix inverse only.
I'm not an expert in this field though...

Emmanuel

P.S.: in my opinion the multivariate_gaussian_pdf_LU is rather
useless, because for repeated calls, you want the inverse
 to be computed once and for all.