Re: strange behaviour with gsl_cdf_fdist_Q()

On 3 Sep 2003, Rajarshi Guha wrote:

> I took the code from fdist.c and beta_inc.c and basically renamed the
> functions and compiled the code directly into my binary. Now running my
> program gives different values of P inside the function and absurd
> values of the return value after it has returned from the function!

The first thing to check is whether you're using the correct
prototypes for all your functions.  Putting all the necessary
functions in one file is a good idea, and you might now want to also
explicitly declare all prototypes at the beginning of your file.  If
you're using GCC to compile, turning on "-Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations" is a good idea as well.

- martin