More linking problems in MS VC++ 6.0

Hi all

I'm trying to reinstall gsl 1.4 into MS VC++ 6.0 on a new(ish) computer (Win
2000), and can't get it to link even by following all the instructions in
the readme file - it gives me:

--------------------Configuration: Model - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
IX model.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_gsl_multiroot_fsolver_hybrids
Debug/Model.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Model.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I have added all the appropriate directories to the Project Settings window
and enabled the /MD option. The 'Disable Language Extensions' option doesn't
seem to help, and gives me a whole lot of compiler errors from my
overloading of functions. I tried compiling the Demo project, following the
instructions in its Readme file, to see if I could get anything useful out
of this, and it gives me an error box "Unable to Locate DLL - The dynamic
link library gsl.dll could not be found in the specified path..." with a
list of a whole lot of directories it claims not to be able to find the
library in. Copying the gsl.lib file directly into several of these
directories also achieved nothing. However, the Demo project doesn't give me
link error LNK2001 like my own project file does.

Hints anyone?

Thanks for your help (and patience),

John.

John Provis
Geopolymer and Minerals Processing Group
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
University of Melbourne
Ph: 03 8344 8755
Mob: 0402 596 209