re: re: freedom

>>On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Gangolf Jobb wrote:

>> the problem with the gpl is [...] it even prohibits commercial use -
>> in the sense of selling software.

>Wrong. RTFM.

why do you say "wrong" if it is not? why does the gpl say "free" if it is not?

redistributing the library together with the proprietary part of my software would be essential, but is explicitly forbidden. so why "wrong"?

what about distributing my software without the gsl and asking the customers to install it by themselves "in-house"? what is the profit
of that?

- gangolf