Problem compiling gsl-1.1.1 under MinGW port of GCC 3.1

Hi

I just tried to compile the GSL version 1.1.1 with the MinGW port of GCC 3.1
(the MinGW release 20020516-1). I integrated the compiler in the Cygwin
environment (by setting the PATH variable appropriately) and ran
	./configure
followed by
	make
This worked fine with the cygwin port of GCC-2.95.3, but with the newer
compiler it gives the following error message:

prec.c:23:29: gsl/gsl_machine.h: No such file or directory
prec.c:24:31: gsl/gsl_precision.h: No such file or directory
prec.c:26: `_GSL_PREC_T_NUM' undeclared here (not in a function)
prec.c:26: confused by earlier errors, bailing out
make[2]: *** [prec.lo] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

when trying to compile "prec.c" in the "sys" directory. The files
"gsl/gsl_machine.h" and "gsl/gsl_precision.h" are present, and the error
also occurs when I run the compiler manually from the Windows shell. I have
also tried it on several different computers running different versions of
Windows (NT4, 2000 and ME), always with the same error message.

I do not know what to make of this error message; the compiler does not seem
to have a problem with include files in subdirectories of the include path
in other code that I compiled successfully with it. Can anyone help?

      Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com