Re: Installation and configuration problem

On Fri Apr  5 03:48:34 2002, narayan krishnan said:
> I'm learning to use your scientific C libraries.
> i downloaded the source from the you mirror site.
> And unzipped it into a directory
> /usr/local/include/gsl.
> I'm using Red Hat Linux sysytem with GCC.
> after that i'm not able to configure/install your
> source.As i'm new user of GCC and Linux can you please
> guide me Step by step of installation/configuring the
> source, so that i can start using the scientific
> libraries.
> I jus migrated myself from Microsoft Windows to Linux.
> i'm NOT able to follow the post script installation
> guide available in WEB.

As a new user, you may prefer to stick with RPM files, which are
easily installable and removable.  RedHat has an RPM of gsl-1.1.1
in it's Rawhide distribution.  The easiest way to get it is to go
to http://rpmfind.net/ and search for "gsl".  In the list, look for
the correct version and for the distribution to be RawHite 1.0.
After you get that rpm, do the same thing for "gsl-devel".  Install
these two RPM files and you should be ready to go.

--
Jeff Spirko   spirko@lehigh.edu   spirko@yahoo.com   WD3V

The study of non-linear physics is like the study of non-elephant biology.

All theoretical chemistry is really physics;
and all theoretical chemists know it. -- Richard P. Feynman