Re: Compiling GSL for Mac OS X -> make stops

Thomas:

Did you unpack it with StuffIt Expander?  It has trouble with filenames longer
than 31 characters.  Use gnutar instead.

Rodney

>Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 20:29:42 +0200
>Subject: Compiling GSL for Mac OS X -> make stops
>From: Thomas Lachand-Robert <tlr@mac.com>
>To: gsl-discuss@sources.redhat.com, unix-porting@lists.apple.com
>
>I'm trying to compile GSL for Mac OS X. The configure program works, but
>make stops after some time:
>Making all in vector
>make[2]: *** Pas de r?e pour fabriquer la cible
>`../gsl/gsl_vector_complex_long_double.h', n?ssaire pour `init.lo'. Arr?
>
>(Which is supposed to be french, except some characters have disappeared;
>but that basically means it doesn't know how to make the target
>../gsl/gsl_vector_complex_long_double.h.
>I don't need long-double at all, is there some way to bipass that?
>
>Thanks in adavance for help,
>
>Thomas Lachand-Robert
><< Et le chemin est long du projet à la chose. >> Molière, Tartuffe.

Rodney Sparapani              Medical College of Wisconsin
Sr. Biostatistician           Patient Care & Outcomes Research (PCOR)
rsparapa@mcw.edu              http://www.mcw.edu/pcor
Was 'Name That Tune' rigged?  WWLD -- What Would Lombardi Do