Re: Patch for histogram/stat2d.c

Here is a first guess for explanation:

It depends on the floating point unit initialisation and some other
circumstances:

The FPU does not fail and gives NaN. On GNU system it defaults to 0 if
added to something else. This behaviour is useful in this case, but not
good to rely on.

I am used to such platform dependent errors, just because some systems
clear memory before allocation, and other do not. So some programs fail
when being built on another system.

I deliberate over the release strategy:

Is it possible to make a prerelease that is announced? The developers seem
to use x86 machines and there are a lot of very helpful users and sys
admins with a variety of machines. A prerelease is an offer to participate
in quality assurance without having developer tools at hand.

At least it is my fault, that I hav'nt tested it on SUN earlier.

Achim

Achim Gaedke, ZPR
Weyertal 80, 50931 Köln
Tel: +49 221 470 6021