Experiences with GSL and Codewarrior 6

Hello all,

I develop for several environments: Solaris/Forte CC, Linux/gcc and MacOS/Codewarrior.
I greatly favor the integrated IDE with Metrowerks Codewarrior and have investigated
what it takes to compile & run a portion of GSL 1.0 under Codewarrior Pro 6.

First off, I did a make of gsl on LinuxPPC and it compiles and runs well, no issue there.

So I tar'd up the directories and untar'd with Aladdin Expander to get the configured source.

I have compiled and tested only the complex, vector, matrix & linear algebra portions of
the library. The source changes needed so far are:

    1. The #include statements need to be changed because:
           a. Codewarrior was looking in the system include area because the
               include file name is surrounded by <> instead of ""
           b. Codewarrior can use the directory delimiter "/" only in its command-line-oriented
               MPW mode. All references to <gsl/*.h> were changed to "*.h" and the include
               search list now has the gsl folder mentioned explicitly.
           c. A unix specific in gsl_blas_types.h :  #include <sys/types.h> was changed to
               be #include <types.h>  This file is mentioned in K&R "The C Programming
               Language" pp 181. It doesn't appear in Appendix B, the standard library.
           d. Some of the include files are actually *.c files. The #include statements were
               changed from <*.c> to "*.c"
     2. One line in config.h had to be changed. I'm not sure if Codewarrior
         is more strict or just doesn't handle inlines the same way, but:
            #define HIDE_INLINE_STATIC 1

I have a Perl script that does the #include statement changes. It runs on Linux
before creating the tar file of the configured source is created

I've started a Codewarrior project that includes the portion of the library I plan on using as
well as the C code I'm developing. I'm now back in a high productivity development
environment and I'm writing code that is targeted for Solaris/Unix/Linux..

I have the following request of the library developers:
    will you consider making some of the #include file changes to
    make it easier to use fragments of the library in an IDE like Codewarrior?

Any comments by developers or users on this #include and directory structure issue??

Is there another way to solve this problem??

With much appreciation for your efforts,

David Henderson