Re: Bug: gamma_inc

Hans Ekkehard Plesser wrote:

> The incomplete Gamma function implemented in GSL 1.0 fails for certain
> arguments

Well, if the people at redhat could refrain from making
incompatible changes to their server, then I might be able
to check out my own code and look at things like this. I have
not been able to connect from the RH-7.0 box in my office
(default install of openssh-2.3) for several months.

On my home machine I managed to build openssh-2.9 (and no, there
was no available 7.0-compatible rpm, are you listening RH monkeys?)
and use the -1 protocol compatibility option to get in. I wonder
when that will stop working, cutting me off completely.
I don't have time to waste on this tedious crap, and I don't
see any reason why 1.0-protocol compatibility should just
get mysteriously "disappeared". Why does every user have to
be arm-twisted into changing their client configuration?

It just seems reasonable to me that their own server ought
to work properly with their own default RH-7.0 installed client.

Of course, nobody from RH is listening, so why do I even bother.

--
G. Jungman