Simulated annealing

What is the current status of 'simulated annealing' part of GSL? The example
program (sim_test.c) does not agree with the help file(s) in the call to
gsl_siman_solve. It also contains just a simple 1D case, and all the more
complicated 1D, 2D, 3D cases are commented out. gsl_siman_Usolve (used in
more complicated part of sim_test.c) does not exist in the library.

I need to use simulated annealing for parameter fitting. I could probably
implement it from scratch (it is not too difficult), but it would be nice to
simply call a GSL function.

Thanks in advance,
Adam

--
Adam Kleczkowski
Dept. Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge