RE: [Gnuwin32-users] Re: Problem with Cygwin installation: FAQ?

Thanks for the replies. I realise now (having also thought it through last
night) that I have neither been particularly clear in my e-mail nor
consistent in what I was trying to achieve. Thank you for all suggestions as
they helped me understand the installation procedure and the duality between
Cygwin and gnuwin32 port.
As Kees pointed out, I managed to mix the two ports. I used sources from the
gnuwin32 port in hope that I can configure and compile them into libraries
that work under Cygwin port. Since that failed, I installed gnuwin32
binaries/libraries but used Cygwin gcc to compile the test programs.
Surprisingly that worked for some of them, and left me puzzled enough to
send this query.
I have just downloaded the 'original' sources, installed them successfully
using Cygwin port and got no error messages whatsoever. Thanks again for
help,
Thanks also to all who are working on gnuwin32, Cygwin and gsl.
Adam
--
Adam Kleczkowski
Dept. Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge